

I've been concerned about the earth's environment ever since Josiah was born ~ but I never really did anything about it. I'm not one of those green gurus, but I do try to recycle what I can. Pat & I get one of those Menehune water (5 gallons) twice a month and it reduces a lot of plastic bottles from buying bottled water. The thing that gets me is the plastic bags though. I read somewhere that more than half of our landfill is full of plastic bags and just rubbish that is used to contain stuff. Like cheese slices. Or ziploc bags that were used only once. I want to cut back on using that kine stuff, but either I don't really know how, or just lazy. I really admire people like Jack Johnson who is just an awesomely cool advocate of saving the earth. And I really want to see "An Inconvenient Truth" soon. I want to do my part in trying to keep the earth beautiful for my grandchildren. A lot of it has disappeared and its just getting worse. I keep thinking of the movie "Wall-e" and it is just a gnawing knot in my stomach because I know I need to do more.
I do try to use those reusable totes when I go shopping though. I bought a bunch of 'um at Whole Foods when I was up in Oregon. But I lost some or I just forget I have them in my car, or I use them for other stuff (like laundry or beach/pool/park bag). I've been browsing online & found these 2 that I really like. But heck! They're so dang expensive! Sheez. I'll just post pictures of it so I can look at how cute they are. And then maybe it will give me inspiration to do more!




No comments:
Post a Comment