Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Real Housewives of Atlanta


Don't ask me why I totally love this show. I dunno if it's because I feel sorry for them or if I'm jealous of their houses. If you haven't watched it, it's pretty hilarious. Super duper rich "29" year olds who act like they're 15 is funny. From a wanna be country singer who buys a loaded escalade with a personal check, to another who says people are "intimidated by my success" - there's a whole range of characters on this show. My fave has got to be Lisa who is so hyper but knows how to channel her energy. I know, I know, there's a lot of people who say, "I don't waste my time watching junk" - but hey, this is my brain candy. And it's the only thing that comes on late at night. And I still can't fathom that some people haven't cooked in over ten years, or have their own personal glam-squad come over to their salon in the basement. And I really, really wanna know who Nene's real father is. I wonder what kind of show it would be if it was the Real Housewives of Hawaii. I definitely wouldn't be in it. My life has its ups & downs, but no drama. And I like it that way. I guess that's why I like this show: I can get my drama fix that's about the lives of people I don't know, I can get my gossip on about people who want to be talked about, and it only lasts an hour a week. I say that's better than being stuck with a blinged out escalade I can't park.

1 comment:

Amalie said...

ok i admit i'm a closet housewives of atlanta fan! Honestly for me its a good laugh and I like that I can escape my own life and be distracted by someone else's. I liked lisa but she looked like a beeeyotch on the reunion show. I wasn't able to catch most of the reunion show but it seemed pretty low class.