I'm working a seasonal job at Coach in Waikele just to get some extra cash for the holidays (and the discount isn't so bad either!) Everyone has been talking about the "economic crisis" the past few months, but shoot, there was no sign of that today! I can't believe how many people were in the store today. There was a line to get IN the store and an hour wait in line to get up to the cashier. Crazy! And people are buying bagSSS. Not just like one or two, but multiple $100+ bags.
It was kinda sad though as some of them brought their kids in with them and actually waited in line at midnight. When I was a child, I thought gifts were brought from santa. I don't remember Christmas shopping. I remember seeing a whole bunch of present for me under the tree and not being able to sleep on Christmas eve. Are we taking that away from our children's generation? I want them to have that hope, and that innocence. Is it too late? When Pat dropped me off at work today, Josiah & Elias were wondering why there was so much traffic. We tried explaining about Christmas shopping and stuff but they don't understand all that yet. And I'm glad they don't. I want them to have memories of being with family, eating great food, playing fun games, and just being together having fun. Not hunting around for the best "deal" and scolding them to stay still in the store or to sit down in a shopping cart.
Lifes blessings
14 years ago




1 comment:
That's sad that people brought their kids to wait with them at midnight. I agree we should try to maintain that innocence as long as possible. So, what kind of store are you working in? Hope you're enjoying the season. Mele Kalikimaka!
Post a Comment