Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where's the Aloha?




I've been hunting all day for an aloha print dress - & I can't find any! I went everywhere & there's all kinds of old lady dresses and all kinds of cute teen dresses (the kind you have to be a stick so that it'll fit nice). Aren't there any dresses for 30 year olds? Ones that don't make me look like a tent?




I'm from Hawaii so I should have at least one nice aloha print type of clothing. right? And, I also should have a hawaiian bracelet. (hint! hint!) The bracelet I have is hidden somewhere collecting dust in a box. Kanamu gave it to me many moons ago and everytime I wore it before I got married, Pat would always give me hassles about it. So I just put it away. I've wanted one for a long time, but it's so darn expensive!




But, what name would I put on it? Ikuwa? Kahiau? Kamaehu? Ka'i'ini? I wish we had a Hawaiian last name. I guess I just need to have a daughter.... ;0)

1 comment:

Amalie said...

ok I'm just catching myself up with your posts :).hmmm, if you have sewing skills you could sew an aloha print dress! pick any design you like, as well as any print you want.
and i say you just get multiple bracelets, one for each hawaiian name! :)
hmm, the story behind your hawaiian bracelet sounds verrry interesting!