We took off Josiah's training wheels off today! He's 5 and I was getting down on myself for not trying to teach him earlier so I promised him that we could get a new bike for "big boys". We went to the park next to his school & at first he didn't want me to take off the training wheels. He was hesitant to get on the bike after I took off the wheels but I told him I'd hold him. We went down the basketball court & I was telling him to keep peddling. We turned around and half way through the courts, I just let go ~ and off he went! I was so happy! He caught on in less than 5 minutes :0) I'm so proud of him. We stayed at the park for a couple hours while he got used to it and later this afternoon we went to the church parking lot and he was just jammin' on that thing. He get 'um.
While I was watching him, I just remember when I was small. My bike equaled freedom. I loved going on adventures with my friends and going fast down dirt hills. Even on my mission, I loved being on a bike. And I could see that on Josiah's face as he was going all over the place today. So happy :0)
Lifes blessings
14 years ago




1 comment:
Way to go Josiah!
Post a Comment