Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Perspective

Things have been really tough lately. Money, time, everyday responsibilities, everything seems so out of balance. I pray for guidance and peace of mind and my blessings are my children. Yesterday and today we played in the park. They rode their bikes, we played basketball, played with sticks, went down fast on the hills, rolled in the grass, looked at clouds, touched sleeping grass, and laughed at each other making silly faces. They even thought I was the coolest for blowing bubbles with my chewing gum.

My Aunty Nancy once told me that the best years of her life were when her children were young. I think this is the best age for me & my boys. 36 & 6 & 3. good numbers maybe?

Yes, reality is still there and it pretty muc h sucks at the moment. But I don't want to rob happiness & innocence from Josiah & Elias. Awareness is key. Stuff like, "we can't buy crayons because we don't have $" & having them know that we can't do things we used to do is good. But stressin' out and taking it out on them isn't a good thing. I love them with every ounce of my being. I want them to be happy. I want them to be hard workers, and help others, and be outside. I want them to read books and travel and meet new people. But I also want them to be rooted. To know who they are and where they come from. To be confident in themselves and choose the right. To be positive and carry and uplifting vibe within.

My Josiah Kahiau & My Elias Kamaehu... mommy loves you...

No comments: