Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bubbles

Yesterday Elias and I were in the patio feeding birds and singing primary songs. He found a bottle of bubbles and I started blowing away. There wasn't much wind so the bubbles lingered a little longer ~ just enough for Elias to catch them. His face & expression & reaction was just pure delight. Josiah came out to see what Elias was laughing about and played for a second. Then he walked away back into the house and said, "it's just bubbles". Oh that brought tears to my eyes. I remember when Josiah was so happy playing with bubbles ~ it was the greatest thing ever at one time in his life. He is growing up & I miss those carefree days with him. I mean I know he's only six, and we still have many more memories to make, but I miss those "bubbles" days.



I remember when we lived up in Mauka, right across the street from the huge park & ride. He started walking when he was 10 months old & he had so much energy that our little apartment couldn't hold him. So I would always take him out to the park where he could just run his little heart out. He was fascinated with the weeds because they were taller than he was. Just seeing him run around and in between them & collecting them was such an adventure.

Don't grow up too fast, my Siah...

No comments: