Saturday, October 24, 2009

Preschool

So Elias started preschool this past August at Rainbow Schools Mililani. It was a hard decision to make since we didn't get the Pauahi scholarship, cost $700 a month, and we wanted him to attend Punana Leo like Josiah did. But after considering everything, this was the best decision for our family and the best timing for him to go.



The first week was difficult ~ I was having second thoughts big time. But, now he absolutely loves it. He's always singing the songs they learn: "Johnny Appleseed", "The world is a rainbow", "the who hop", and more. He's hummin away in the car and when he's playing with his trains. So cute.

He loves his teachers, Miss Alicia & Miss Dani, and I do too. Always smiling and happy. Elias is learning a lot and having fun while doing it. Their philoso phy is LEARN THRU PLAY and I couldn't agree with it more. I love picking him up and he's all dirty. Sand, dirt, chalk, paint, clay ~ i know he's playing hard :0)

We went on his first field trip last week. We all headed down to the Pumpkin Patch to ride the hay ride & pick pumpkins. It was his first time riding a school bus and his face was just priceless when it pulled up in the parking lot. The whole time while we were on it, he kept telling me and his partner, Kana'i, that "we're riding on the SCHOOL BUS!" :0)

Seeing his face when I first pushed him on the tire swing, when he's calendar leader, watching his write his name everywhere, when he gets the sharing bag, and picking up his book bag every Friday... I'll eat saimin for the month any day!

Here he is: Swinging under the banyan tree. The sweet life ;0)

No comments: