Yes. I'm still in school pursuing a graduate degree. It's getting near the end and I can see it in sight, yet I can't... if that makes any sense. Honestly, I'm so burnt out. It's taking forever. And I get myself sick when I see my friends & colleagues who started the same time I did and have already graduated. I sometimes think, "why did I choose this longer program again??" All that matters is that paper right? No, really. I'm glad I'm in this ~ and I have to keep reminding myself that it's the content of the degree that I love and I couldn't get it any other way. I absolutely LOVE what I'm learning ~ it's everything I always wanted to know and it has opened up my mind, eyes, and heart to a thousand doors and a million windows. It really is amazing how formal education can expand and stretch you to limits you didn't even know existed.
So I'll keep on keeping on and kick myself in the buti once in awhile. I'll post later on my "Stop Whining, breathe, and push" story that is my cohort's mantra. I need to read it again and remember that I need to finish this baby up.
Lifes blessings
14 years ago




2 comments:
hey lorraine! I sort of know how you feel, for the first 6 years of our marriage (ok so our whole marriage!) Nick was a full time student and every year it got just a little bit harder to send him back. I think the last year I was pulling my hair out on a daily basis! But the good thing is that there is definitely an end and once you get your degree no one can take it away from you!!
Thanks Amalie ~ you're actually one of "those" that I really admire. We'll need to get together one of these days so you can tell me how you do it :0)
Post a Comment