I didn't make the final round which is junk since I felt I did my best; but I know my nerves kicked in since I was fully intimidated by all the Barbie doll dancers next to me. Yeah. I don't have that "pageant" quality. Not a barbie girl~maybe I'm a Bratz girl? Lol! So I didn't make finals, but I accomplished my goal ~ I tefene'd (duck walked). I've always wanted to do that and I worked hard on it dangit! and it was a pretty long one too so I'm happy about that. I know I could have done a lot better and there is always room for improvement, but I'm just happy that I actually did it. Checked that off on my "bucket list" ;0)
There's a lot of drama goin' on as a lot of people are saying this comp is "juiced" but I don't wanna get caught up in all that. The judges are the judges and they have a certain thing that they're looking for. I love dancing and no judge can ever take that away!
Only thing ~ Pat didn't take any pictures/video. I know. I was like "what???" so all I have are memories but not even ONE dang picture to actually prove to my grandkids that I actually did a solo comp. Wait. I still have my number that was pinned to my pareo. I wonder if that would count?
So I gotta revisit my "bucket list" and see what's next!
p.s. I found the only 2 pictures pat took: Heaz da proof ;0) It's so dang far away n blurry... there's more on the heiva website, but I can't copy it: gotta order them. Not sure yet if I'll order any...




2 comments:
Yay Raine! I'm so proud of you! I wish you told me so that I could have come to see you. . .I know you said it was last min but still! : ) Anyway, congrats on completeing something that you've always wanted to do. You must have rocked the house down with you hundred mile and hour hip movements! LOL.
no pics? Bummer! oh well now you have to enter another competition and shake what your mama gave ya!
Post a Comment